If you are currently in the process of renovating your garden or outdoor area to include some kind of swimming pool, then you might also want to consider the eco-friendly and environmental side of things.
Keeping, maintaining and using a pool isn’t always the most ideal thing for the environment, and it’s fair to say that we are at a point in our planet awareness now where we all know that we should be doing better.
Here at Integrity Swimming Pools, we are passionate about getting that perfect balance between home pool luxury and still keeping an eye out for the environment and the effect we are having on it. Something we think is a great compromise is a plunge pool.
Here are some of the reasons why plunge pools in Wollongong can be better for the environment.
- If you are someone who isn’t particularly interested in doing laps and just wants a nice opportunity to take a private dip every now and then, then a plunge pool is perfect. The designs are much smaller and more compact than a big pool, which means that fewer materials go into constructing them and less energy using maintenance is required to keep them in good condition.
- Using much less water is one of the biggest eco-friendly selling points with a plunge pool. A typical plunge pool uses 3000 gallons of water compared to the 30,000 gallons of a normal pool. That is literally 90% less!
- With the smaller amount of water comes a smaller amount of chemicals needed to be used. Lots of plunge pools opt for saltwater which means that you don’t need to add extra chlorine as it is created naturally.
- A smaller pool area means that you can operate a pump at around 80% less than a normal pool, using much less energy along the way.
- Another energy-saving advantage is that many people opt not to have a heater for their plunge pools because of the smaller surface area of the water very rarely calls for it.
A member of the team will be happy to answer any questions that you might have, we look forward to helping you achieve your pool goals whilst also protecting the environment!